I just finished making a test run for Shwin and Shwin. these are the Rita skinnies. I made them out of a lighter weight denim that I posted a picture of a little while ago, and decided to use the wrong side since it looked like a nice chambray to me. I like how the two fabrics look together!
Violet looks really cute in these pants. I need to tighten the elastic in the back though or they will sag on her tiny little butt. every time I make pants I end up having to make the elastic tighter than I do the first time. lets see how long it takes me to actually get to the tightening....
the pockets are functional. and lined with the balloon fabric.
I messed up/got confused over the cuff section, ended up getting it to work fine. But then I realized that they were going to be really long on Violet's tiny little legs. So I pressed them up instead of keeping them down and buttoning a side flap. I just tacked the cuffs up with the buttons to keep them there. they are still long on Violet's tiny little legs!
I'm excited to make more things from the upcoming Spring patterns from Shwin and Shwin. They make cuuute stuff.
I was going to get some cute outdoors shots of her in her little pants, but it was like two degrees outside and she went running back into my arms as soon as I set her down.